9.12.08

Celestron Powerseeker 60EQ Telescope

As soon as I brought it home I took it out of the box and gasped in awe. It was a high quality peice that looked great. This model has an equatorial mount so you can synchronize it with the celestial pole(poloaris) and it gives you the ability to track objects across the sky.It has a large solid tripod that can be adjusted easily. The two lenses it comes with can magnify objects either 45 or 125 times. When I first took the telescope out with my dad we found the moon and I was amazed at what I could see on the lunar surface at just 45 times magnifacation! The moon took up nearly the entire field of vision at lowest magnifacation and the detail was amazing!Using the other lens was even better I could see craters the maria and all sorts of amazing things. Just a few days ago I used my Night Sky magazine(which is a great magazine by the way) and was able to find Saturn for it is high in the sky right by the beehive cluster and close to Gemini right now. After a few minutes of searching through the low power eyepiece I found it. A bright blob of golden light in the eypiece.Hands trembling I carfully adjusted the focusing nobs and I saw it. Saturn in all its glory was in my eypeice. I could just make out the rings and though it was small it was clear and sharp. I hurredly popped that lens out and put in the more powerful one and I saw Saturn in even more detail. I could see the Cassini division! Fortunetly the atmosphere was coraperating so I could see somthing most would need a large reflector to see. I was amazing and I could see it with so small a telescope. And in my Night Sky magazine it says in the March/April issue that you can see nebulae,galaxies,clusters and amazing things in just low magnifacations such as 30 or 50 times. I can even see M41(the beehive cluster) in just binoculars! I saw that cluster when I was looking for saturn.So if you see this telescpope even at 50 or a 100 dollars buy it and you wont be disapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment